Gianluigi Guida is licensed to practice law both in the United States of America (Washington State) and in the EU (Italy).
He graduated from the University of Bologna School of Law in 2005 and lately obtained two Master of Laws (LLMs): one in Global Business Law from the University of Washington; and one in Information Technology and Law from the Stockholm University.
He was Counselor of the Italian Ministry for the European Affairs, Prof. Paolo Savona, during the XVIII Legislature, with focus on FinTech, Artificial Intelligence, and Blockchain. Among his duties, he was in charge of drafting the FinTech “sandbox” Law, enacted in 2019.
Before joining Studio Legale Guida, Gianluigi worked at the international law firm Hogan Lovells in the Technology Media and Telecommunication team.
Gianluigi is a lecturer in “Crypto-currencies, Smart-Contracts and Blockchain” at the Advanced Master in Digital Transformation at the University of Molise, as well as the coordinator of the “Business and Finance” group of the European Cost Action on “Artificial Intelligence and Good Governance”.
He provides legal assistance in favor of startups and multinational corporations operating in the fields of new technologies and gaming, with particular reference to corporate and commercial matters.
Gianluigi speaks Italian, English, and Spanish.
Below are some of the events in which he participated as a speaker:
- Intersections between FinTech and video games. Tokenization of virtual assets and preliminary legal issues. Blockchain Italia Forum 2020
- Non-Fungible Tokens and Intellectual Property: are we protecting our rights? Cutting-Edge Games Conference
- FinTech in the markets’ experience. Limits and potentialities. CONSOB (Italian Securities and Exchange Commission)
- How to Protect Intellectual Property Rights in the Startup Environment. Startup Grind
- Digital Assets as innovation boosters for banking processes. Ambrosetti – The European House
- Regulating blockchain, crypto-currencies and crypto-activities. Assogestioni
- Digital payments and services in the cities of the future. Assolombarda
- FinTech Risk Management. University of Pavia
- The role of the Institutions in the development of new technologies. Italia4Blockchain
- Information Technology and law: an easy union? University of Molise
Among its published articles there are:
- Fintech, young entrepreneurs, and compliance. The jungle of the laws. Il Sole 24 Ore, Econopoly
- FinTech Sandbox: First remarks on the sandbox technical rules. Agenda Digitale
- Artificial Intelligence and law. Liability upon whom? Data Manager
- Startup and developers. What to look for to be in compliance. Il Quotidiano del Molise